94.5 KATS Hiring Live Event Manager
Do you have what it takes to put on a kick A#$ Event! Nocturnal Transmission John Riggs as shown in the picture does not! HA94.5 KATS and Townsquare Media is hiring for and Events Coordinator. This is what to do!
Title: Live Events Manager
Company: Townsquare Media, LLC
About Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media, LLC is a local media and entertainment company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Townsquare Media owns 244 radio stations and companion websites in 51 small to mid-sized markets (upon completion of pending transactions), over 300 live music and non-music events and certain national digital properties including Taste of Country, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, Diffuser.fm and PopCrush, as well as eCommerce business Seize the Deal. Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management are the Company’s largest equity holder. www.townsquaremedia.com
The Live Events group at Townsquare Media is responsible for the development, production, and promotion of over 300 live events across the country on an annual basis. The group’s activity encompasses music events/festivals, consumer and trade expos and fairs, as well as other non-music entertainment.
The Live Events Manager will be the point person for all aspects of Townsquare Media’s live events business in Yakima and Tri Cities, WA and will be involved in all aspects of each show/event.
The position will be responsible for the following:
• Primary point of contact and leadership for each event in Tri Cities and Yakima, responsible for creating and driving revenue, and managing expenses
• Deep familiarity with [Market] and our products, including broadcasting, commerce, and digital marketing assets
• Lead role on in-house planning and logistics for each event: creating and managing timelines and assigning responsibilities among local staff
• Working with local sales force to drive vendor solicitation, booth sales, and sponsorship sales
• Working with local programming team to drive and promote ticket sales – responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for each major event
• Logistics management, including travel and catering
• Availability to work weekends as needed
• New business development – sourcing, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for organic growth or through acquisition of existing live event properties
• Idea generation and implementation
The position will report to the VP/General Manager of Tri Cities and Yakima, but will also work extensively with the corporate live events team, based in Connecticut.
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
• 3-7 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
• Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
• Basic financial accounting skills (to build event by event pro forma financials)
• Existing relationships with local agencies and venues
• Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
• Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
• Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
Yakima or Tri Cities, WA
To be commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates can send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Townsquare Media is an equal opportunity employer.