Rain? What Rain? Bike Nights Rocked Despite Mother Nature
When I got to The Porch in Ellensburg for Tuesday night's Central Washington Bike Nights, I was freaking out. Mother Nature was not being nice to me. It started pouring down rain. I said to myself that there was no way that 130 bikes are going to get here in this crappy weather. Boy, was I wrong.
The Ellensburg bikers showed up, and I was pretty thankful for that. Then, all of a sudden here comes 30-plus bikes from Yakima in this rain. I cannot tell you how excited I was. Rain didn't stop them at all. That's what I am talking about!
It was awesome and a sight to see. I gave every single one of them a hug. By the time I was done hugging them, I was soaking wet. But I was happy to be. Since they'd come to hang out with me, I shared in their rain-soaked leathers. It was a splendid night at The Porch!
Here are our the next stops ...
- June 6 – The Creek in Moxee
- June 13 – Mickey’s Pub and Orion Cinema in Yakima
- June 20 – Whistlin’ Jack Lodge, up Chinook Pass Highway
- June 27 – Jack-son’s Sports Bar & Club House Lounge
- July 11 – Red Horse Diner in Ellensburg
- July 18 – Sea Galley in Yakima
- July 25 – Buzz Inn in Ellensburg
- Aug. 1 – Bob’s Burgers & Brew in Yakima
- Aug. 15 – The Old No. 3 in Ronald
- Aug. 22 – The Creek in Moxee
- Aug. 29 – Jack-son’s Sports Bar & Club House Lounge
You can also enter to win prizes -- including our Sturgis package -- at Owens Cycle on North First Street. All of this year’s Central Washington Bike Nights are hosted by Kelly West and the staff from 94.5 KATS-FM and 92.9 The Bull.
See you down the road!