wray


In 1955, Wray Brown founded the first Wray’s supermarket at the Glenwood Shopping Center in

in Yakima, Washington. A second Wray’s market was opened in 1960 on North First Street in

Yakima. In 1966, the Glenwood store relocated to Wray’s current Chalet Place location. In 1973,

Wray’s son, Bob Brown, opened Wray’s Southgate and continued to grow the family business by

adding another Wray’s supermarket in 1984. Originally part of the Thriftway store chain, in 2004

Wray’s changed their name to Wray’s Food & Drug. Wray’s now begins a new era displaying

the IGA banner at their three Yakima locations: Chalet Place, 5605 Summitview Avenue;

Meadowbrook Mall, 7200 W. Nob Hill Blvd. and the Southgate Shopping Center, 401 W. Nob

Hill Blvd. All three stores are open seven days a week from 6 a.m. to midnight.

(509) 966-2660 http://www.wraysfoods.com/custom_retailer/rewards