Watch a Walkthrough of Twitch Broadcast on Xbox One
Subscribe to KATS: THE Rock Station on
Major Nelson has provided a handy little primer for Xbox One users looking to use the updated Twitch broadcasting app.
You’re almost ready to broadcast your gameplay, Xbox One fans. On March 11, 2014, the updated Twitch app will launch alongside Titanfall and give players the ability to share the gameplay experiences live with others, streaming their videos across the ether of the Internet.
In the video above, Major Nelson breaks down exactly what you have to do in order to get the service up and running on your machine. If you don’t have three-and-a-half minutes to spare, you can check out the handy guide below, as listed on Major Nelson’s site.
How to Prepare for Twitch Broadcasting
From your computer:
- Go online to www.twitch.tv and sign up for a Twitch account.
- In Settings, go to Channel & Videos and select Archive Broadcasts.
On your console:
- Sign into your Xbox One console and download the Twitch app.
- You can customize your picture-in-picture to broadcast both your gameplay and yourself through Kinect.
- In your Profile, make sure your presence is set to “online”
- In the Settings app under “Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “See if you’re online” is set to “Everyone” and “Broadcast gameplay” is set to “Allow.”
- Also in the Settings app under“ Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “Share content made using Kinect” is set to “Allow.”
- In the Settings app under “Preference,” check “Allow broadcasts and Game DVR Uploads”
- In the Settings app under “Kinect,” check “Kinect on” and to include Kinect audio in your broadcast check “Use Kinect microphone for chat.”