Help Coming – Riding To The Rescue Of Yakima Law Enforcers
A key component in quality of life is SAFETY. Do you feel safe where you live and safe as you go about your daily life? Many don't. And this doesn't help - Across Washington State and in the Yakima Valley, law enforcement officers are saying they can't do their jobs effectively because of the limitations imposed by recent legislation. They want to protect and serve us but it's more difficult now.
Who Can Help Them Help Us
So who is riding to the rescue to rescue our rescuers so they can continue to rescue us?
The white hats in this western belong to Washington State Republicans who will put priority on policing, public safety, and corrections in a new "Safe Washington" package they plan to introduce Wednesday 1-5-22.
The Republicans say the package of legislation is substantive and aimed at "undoing some of the confusion and harm created by the reckless, ill-conceived and dangerous policies adopted by the majority party in Olympia last session."
Law & Order Approach
Yakima's 14th District Rep. Gina Mosbrucker is the ranking member on the House Public Safety Committee and she will speak along with other Republican leaders at the virtual press conference to release the plan called “Safe Washington: A Republican Plan for Increasing Public Safety, Reducing Crime and Putting Victims First.”
The package includes House and Senate legislation aimed at:
- The increase in violent gang and drug-related crimes;
- The majority’s inadequate response to the court’s ruling in State v Blake;
- Fixing several flawed anti-police measures adopted by the majority last session and providing additional support for law enforcement;
- Measures aimed at putting victims and the safety of Washington’s communities first by dealing with human trafficking, missing indigenous persons, strengthening the felony DUI law, and combatting domestic violence and sexual assault;
- The increase in property crimes, including retail and catalytic converter theft; and
- Reforming the Department of Corrections and reversing efforts to release criminals back on the streets.
Take Time To Tune In
When: Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, 10:00 AM Pacific Time
Topic: Republican Safe Washington Package News Conference
Register in advance for this webinar: https://leg-wa-gov.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ShuHhtDkQ2utONjUAYqMcQ
The good intentions still will have to get past the Democrats who wrote the problem legislation in the first place. So keep your powder dry. The cuffs aren't off yet.