Kennewick Teen Saves 3-Year-Old Neighbor from Fire
It's always nice to be a good neighbor. Brennen Silva may be the neighbor of the century.
He noticed smoke coming from his neighbor's window. That's when he knocked on the door. The family next door had a 3 year-old daughter whose dresser had caught on fire. The flames spread to the carpet. The fire was started by clothes on a lamp. As winter nears, it's important to refresh yourself on fire safety. Don't leave clothes or blankets near a heater.
If you see smoke coming from your neighbor's house, be like Brennen! Pound on that door.
The girl's parents were very thankful, with mother Nellie saying, ""If it wasn't for that boy knocking on the door, [...] she wouldn't have made it."