Randall Dog Park Open Again For Running, Sniffing and Enjoying
One of the many tragedies of 2020, for Yakima Valley Dogs and their families anyway, has been the closure of the Randall Dog Park! Tater, my energetic Golden Retriever has made numerous friends there and he's really missed seeing them while running, playing, and getting tuckered out!
Well, that all changed last week, as the City of Yakima re-opened Randall Dog Park for the first time since COVID-19 restrictions went into effect in March.
According to the City of Yakima Website:
The re-opening is possible because effective yesterday, Thursday, the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) approved small, outdoor gatherings of five people or less from outside the household, with six feet of separation, as part of Yakima County’s modified Phase 1 “Roadmap to Recovery” plan.
I took Tater there on Saturday afternoon and while there weren't many dogs there, he managed to buddy-up with a few right away. He and this Dalmation got along swimmingly and raced and chased each other until Tater decided to relax in the shade with a Shih Tsu and a Yorkie.
The City of Yakima has spelled out a few key guidelines for everyone to follow.
"The following social distancing protocols will be required at the dog park:
- Wear a mask, except for children under age 2
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and rub hands together until dry, if soap and water are not readily available.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- If you are sick with or tested positive for COVID-19, were recently exposed (within 14 days) to someone with COVID-19, or just don’t feel well, do not visit public areas including parks or recreational facilities.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet away from people who are not in your household.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a disposable tissue, or cough and sneeze into the elbow rather than hands. Throw tissues away after use. Wash or sanitize hands after coughing or sneezing"
Not sure where Randall Park is? Here's a map for pinpointing the location. On 48th Avenue just off Washington Avenue.
Need more information? CLICK HERE. Tater and I hope to see you out there!