Win a Free Entry to the Gap2Gap Relay Race in Yakima
Are you and your friends and family the outdoorsy type? Then chances are, you’ve likely already signed up for the 2023 Gap2Gap relay race at Sarg Hubbard Park in Yakima. If you haven’t got a clue what the fun community Gap2Gap Race** event is all about, keep reading.
🏞️Here’s the TLDR version: On Saturday, June 3, 2023, starting at Sarg Hubbard Park in Yakima, athletic participants ages 7 years old and up will compete in a four-course relay race that includes biking, kayaking, off-road biking, and running.
CAN YOU COMPETE SOLO?
Yes. Oui. Đúng. Si. Da. 예. Tha. ee. ja.
WHERE IS THE COURSE FOR THE GAP2GAP RELAY RACE?
Yakima Greenway Foundation says the relay race course runs from Sarg Hubbard Park “follows the Yakima River to the Union Gap, through Hop fields and shrub steppe to the Selah Gap and back to the Sarg Hubbard Park.”
HOW MUCH IS IT TO ENTER IN THE RACE?
- SOLO: $85
- TEAM OF 4 (Family Rate): $340
- TEAM OF 4 (Corporation Rate): $400
- SOLO: $40
- TEAM OF 4: $160
Click here for Adult registration and here for Youth registration.
WHAT IS THE PRIZE FOR WINNING THE GAP2GAP RELAY RACE?
Some people just want to win for the bragging rights; others want cold hard cash. I am of the latter group of people: “SHOW ME THE MONAYYYY!” is my theme song.
There are no cash prizes in the Gap2Gap Relay Race, but there is a pretty sweet award ceremony after the race for the top winners in each age group, including the Ironman 50+.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE GAP2GAP RELAY RACE:
- Kids have to be in the same age group to compete as a team. See the rules here.
- There will be a beer garden on site for persons ages 21 years and up.
- Entertainment and food vendors will also be on site.
- Each competitor will get a comp ticket for a (cold) beverage and a comp ticket for a food item.
**The Adult Gap2Gap and the Junior Gap2Gap are relay races that directly support and highlight recreation on the Yakima Greenway.
Enter below for a chance to win 2 free entries below. PLEASE NOTE: Winners must select either 2 adult entries or 2 youth entries, but sorry, NO mix or match of entries are allowed for this prize!
Got a news tip? Email us here.
POPULAR STORIES TRENDING NOW:
- 9 Slang Words Californians Say People, Like, Totally Use in WA
- This Aberdeen Bartender Was One of WA's Creepiest Serial Killers
- This Is the #1 Deadliest Roadway and Highway in WA State
- 10 Easiest Ways We Can Tell You Are From Definitely from Oregon
- Top 20 Most Favorite Restaurants That Spokane Locals Love
- Tiny Tacoma Diner Makes List for Best Breakfasts in the Nation