Roll ‘Em: Bike Nights Was the Next Best Thing to Being in the Movies
Tuesday's Central Washington Bike Nights event was as close to the movies are you're gonna get. No, seriously: it was at Mickey's Pub, which is under the same roof as Orion Cinema. And it included a cast of
thousands nearly 100 bikes -- Harleys, Triumphs an Indian or two and a few metrics thrown in for good measure.
The beer flowed, the nachos -- well .. nacho'd -- and everybody soaked in the kind of evening sun that you only see in the Yakima Valley. We passed out prizes for some of the sweetest bikes and passed around enough Pepsi gear to keep everybody in clean shirts and hats for a good week.
If you missed out, don't despair. Just like in Hollywood, there's always a sequel. We have a whole summer of rides ahead
And yes, you can still get in the running for that Sturgis Buffalo Chip package. We'll draw for two rally passes on June 26 -- good for tent camping, all concerts, races and events within the Buffalo Chip in Sturgis, S.D., this Aug. 6-12. You can also enter at Owens Cycle's second-chance drawing box, 1707 N. First St.
Here's a trailer with a few of this week's highlights:
And here's a sneak preview of the coming attractions:
- June 12 -- Jack-sons Sports Bar, 432 S. 48th Ave., Yakima
- June 19 -- The Old #3, 8381 State Route 903, Ronald
- June 26 (Sturgis grand prize giveaway night) -- The Creek Roadhouse Grill, 108 S. Iler St., Moxee
- July 10 -- Red Horse Diner, 1518 W. University Way, Ellensburg
- July 17 -- Sea Galley 25 E. Valley Mall Blvd., Union Gap
- July 24 -- Buzz Inn Steakhouse, 2202 Canyon Road, Ellensburg
- July 31 -- Tailgaters Bar & Grill, 110 E. Third Ave., Selah
- Aug. 14 -- The Old #3, 8381 State Route 903, Ronald
- Aug. 21 -- Jack-sons Sports Bar, 432 S. 48th Ave., Yakima
- Aug. 28 (Grand prize giveaway night) -- The Creek Roadhouse Grill, 108 S. Iler St., Moxee