The 12 Days Of A Yakima Foodie’s Christmas
This one goes out to all my foodies living here in Yakima. I have created the twelve days of a Yakima Foodie's Christmas list filled with delicacies from our most popular eateries. If you asked any local Yakimite what is a popular food to eat in Yakima, they would probably tell you a cheese zombie or an asparagus tamale from Los Hernandez Tamales, but I don't want to stop there. I want to eat up EVERYTHING!
If you are moving to Yakima or thinking about visiting here, there are some foods that every person must try at least once. I ran out of days; I should have made this list the 31 Days of Xmas so that I could fit some of my favorite honorable mentions* on this list below.
🎵🎵On the twelfth day of Yakima Foodie Xmas, my tummy said to me...fill me up with all of these treats!🎵🎵
- 12 to-go plates of Miz. Deez Creole Jambalaya (when she's open!)
- 11 pints of beer from any local Yakima brewery pub
- 10 beer-battered fries from Major's
- 9 surf & turf street tacos from Crazy Foods food truck (formerly Chronic Foods)
- 8 champagne cocktails from Gasperetti's G-Spot Bar
- 7 orders of Sports Center's nachos
- 6 ebi sushi from Ozeki's
- 5 trays of Cheese Zombies from Shorty's Sweets, Treats & Cakes
- 4 pork tamale dinners with rice & beans from Mercedes & Family Restaurant
- 3 International Harvester burger & skinny fries from Cowiche Canyon Kitchen
- Dinner Reservations for 2 at E-Z Tiger
- and 1 dinner party at Birchfield Manor
My honorable mentions include: Turkey sub from Sub Shops of Yakima, Strawberry & Whipped Cream waffles from Waffles Cafe, Salmon Teriyaki dinner at New York Teriyaki, Chocolate Croissants from Essencia Bakery (I just got reminded of how much I am in love with those!), and the Shrimp Po Boy sandwich at Twisted Sisters Creations!
Are ya hungry yet, because I sure as heck am!