WSP Conducts Apple Cup and Thanksgiving Emphasis Across the State
From the Washington State Patrol Blog:
Between Apple Cup and Thanksgiving, a lot of people are going to be traveling across the state. Whether you wear purple or crimson, WSP wants everyone to have a safe holiday ( and rivalry game)!
Troopers in Spokane, Whitman, Adams, Grant, and Kittitas counties will run emphasis patrols starting today, November 15, to November 25th. Motorists will see an increased presence along State Routes 26 and 195, as well as Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass. Troopers will focus on motorist driving too fast for conditions, distracted driving, impaired driving, and other collision-causing violations.
Here are some things to keep in mind as we head into next week:
- State Route 26 remains closed due to bridge deck repairs in Adams County. A detour will be in place. More info: For more information and closure updates go to http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr26/railroad-bridge/home
- Please pay attention to the posted speed limits and be prepared for changing weather. (Pro Tip: – Check out WSDOT‘s website for latest road conditions)
- Students traveling across the state should make sure to prepare their vehicles for winter travel conditions. A small emergency kit with water, food, blankets, winter clothing and emergency flares are a good idea.
- Make sure all the fluids in vehicles are full and the vehicle’s battery is in good working order.
- Good all-season or snow tires, as well as tire chains are advised and may be required when traveling over the mountain passes.
“We appreciate everyone’s help and diligence to ensure that we have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving and Apple Cup this year,” said WSP District 4 Commander Captain Jeff Otis.
The WSP, WSU and other state and local officials will be working hard throughout the week to ensure everyone heading to and from Pullman has a safe and enjoyable holiday. WSP public information officers will be updating information throughout the emphasis using the following hashtags #BeSafeCougs and #AppleCup.