Fair Highlights: Friday, Sept. 19
Unwrap all the stuffed toys for the arcade -- it's finally here!
The 2014 Central Washington State Fair officially starts when they swing the gates wide at 11 a.m. Friday. Opening ceremonies will be held at the Banner Bank Blue Gate.
Then, you're on your own.
For what it's worth, though, here's some of what sounds fun to us today:
- Hypnotist Mark Yuzsuik performs at 4 p.m. on the Pacific Power Community Stage. (Wait. What made us say that? Spooooky.)
- For the hardy, a frozen T-shirt contest starts at 5:15 p.m. in the Gazebo.
- And the racing pigs will be running all day. (Won't be much bacon left on 'em by the time these porkers get done racing all week, though.)
- Over in the Ag Building, look for demonstrations all afternoon on everything from beer brewing to woodcarving to beekeeping. (Do the beer last. Power saws and bees will require your full and clearheaded attention.)
- Livestock judging starts at 10 a.m. and continues into the evening -- we can't wait for the Open Youth Horse/Costume Class. (We're still picking out our outfit.)
- The main entertainment event, of course, is George Thorogood, who takes the Budweiser Stage at 7:30.
Sounds like a full first day -- see you there.