Hendo’s Top 5 Mexican Places To Eat
Look, I admit to being more of a Tex-Mex fan than the usual slight, subtle flavor many of Washington's Mexican restaurants offer.
The longer I live here, though, the more I love a few local spots.
This is not meant to be the end-all-be-all list of Mexican places here in Yakima, just a fun look at the ones I visit the most.
But Yakima has some pretty darn good Mexican food:
- Mercedes & Family at 5603 Tieton Drive. I love mini tacos and they RULE here mainly because they aren't so mini.
- Antojitos on Summitview has all you're looking for in a lunch break you can enjoy. Great food, great service and a huge selection of salsa that I always devour.
- Smitty's on Fruitvale is the BEST place to get breakfast burritos and the best thing is that you can call ahead and grab it on a "coffee break." They also have a growler refill station for Yakima Craft Brewing Co., so there's that, too.
- Nino's over past Toys R Us. A lot like a taco truck version of Chipotle, but the tortillas are light years better. Eating a tortilla at Nino's is HEAVEN. I could literally just eat a dozen and be happy. And bloated, but happy.
- Toro Taco in Selah. The torta is my go-to, but the mini tacos are great with the green sauce, of course. Bonus because I can buy the types of Peace Tea I love at the same time.