Get Out of the Heat-Temps Will Reach Over 100 Degrees This Week!
I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of this heatwave. I have a love-hate relationship with my air conditioner because it gets so hot in the house and I'll turn the air on, but then my apartment turns into an icebox and I swear sometimes I can see my own breath!
The Yakima Valley is supposed to get up to 101 degrees this week! It's not the hottest day on record but it's getting up there.
The warmest day we have ever seen in the Yakima Valley was back on July 24, 2006, when the temp reached 109. I remember I was hosting the Downtown Summer Nights event outside on Front St. It was held on a Thursday and I remember the heatwave got up to 107 degrees that evening. Yikes! We had water misters going, so that helped cool everybody down tremendously.
Reesha's Tips to Stay Cool During This Crazy Yakima Heatwave:
- It's okay to walk around your home wearing next to nothing. In my house, clothing is optional!
- Drink lots of water. Find your favorite water bottle, fill it up, and keep on sipping on it throughout the day.
- Stay in the shade if you have to be outside and don't drive around in your car unless you have to, especially if you don't have working air conditioning.
- Here are a few delightful foods you can eat to cool down your body during this heatwave:
- Ice Cream/Gelato/Frozen Yogurt
- Iced beverages
- Foods with high water content (assorted berries, cucumbers, and other fruits like mangos, watermelon, and pineapples)