MLK Day Holiday Closures in Yakima for Monday, Jan. 20
Although his actual birthday was last week, Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. is honored federally on the third Monday in January each year. Besides all public schools being closed in observance, here are other entities within Yakima that will not be operating on January 20th.
* Yakima City Hall, Y-PAC, Public Works, and Parks and Recreation offices.
* Business offices for the Police and Fire Departments will be closed. Emergency services will remain available.
* Yakima Transit will not provide bus service Monday and the City’s Harman Center will be closed.
* City of Yakima garbage pick-up service will continue as scheduled Monday, but the Refuse Division’s office will be closed.
* Lions Pool will remain open to the public.