Timmy’s Top 5: Christmas Flicks
So starting about last week, I got a few emails asking what twisted Christmas movies I liked. I guess my Thanksgiving Picks got some people turned on/off to "Thanks Killing". So by popular demand here's my Top 5 Christmas Flicks. For the record, I do like the traditional ones. Not love... just like. Mainly because the stop animation of Rudolph & classic cartoon animation of Frosty was before my time. I've read so much Charlie Brown that I pretty much got burned out by the time the candle extinguished in the Great Pumpkin. And yes... The Christmas Story, I have a Love/Hate relationship with that movie. I got burned out... thank you TBS & your 24 hours of non-stop Ralphie Fudge. And that movie got me in trouble. No, not because I broke my dad's leg lamp, but because my parents did get me a B.B. gun for Christmas. They did wrap it up in a long box, and yes lean it in the corner by a desk... JUST LIKE IN THE DAMN MOVIE! I got in trouble for "snooping". I didn't snoop, I was being observant. Sherlock Holmes would have been proud... my parents were not. So that is why I don't cherish the traditional Classics! Yes I love the new ones, Will Ferrell's ELF, Jim Carrey's The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Tim Allen's The Santa Clause Trilogy... but to be my top favorites... those just dont' stuff my socking. So I proudly bring to you, Timmy's Top 5 Christmas Flicks!
HONORABLE MENTION: "He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special": While many grew up with Frosty & Rudolph, I Had the Power... and the He-Man Christmas Episode. Check out the full episode below.
5. "Star Wars Holiday Special": George Lucas wishes he could track down and destroy every copy of this film that was ever made. Broadcasted only once in November of 1978 on CBS... it was horrible. Not even the first appearance of Boba Fett could make this good. Luckily copies float around on Ebay... that's where I got mine! The Plot... Han is trying to get Chewie back home for Life Day... and Bea Arthur makes an appearance!
4. "MST3K: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" The movie Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is one of the worst films ever made. Check IMDB... I'm not making that up. BUT... when you get Mystery Science Theater 3000 to give their commentary, it's not too bad. Check out the full movie below.
3. "Santa's Slay": Bill Goldberg as a murderous Santa... kills a lot of B-Lists Celebrities with in the first 5 mins of the film & it teaches the true meaning of the Olympic Sport of Curling. Don't believe me... check out the full movie below.
2. "Merry Christmas Mr. Bean": Yes, this isn't a movie... it was a TV show... but it stands the test of time in my heart. Watch the Full Episode below!
1. "Die Hard": CRITICS BE DAMNED! IT IS A CHRISTMAS MOVIE! The Film that made Bruce Willis an action star! And also started the craze for giant teddy bears as Christmas Presents.
As a bonus... here's A kick ass rock song about the first 4 Die Hard Movies... and yes the first two films took place at Christmas time!
Whatever you decide to watch this Christmas... just make sure to watch it with someone you care about! Happy Christmas & Joyous Holidays!