Timmy’s Top 5: Thanksgiving Films
I guess my top 10 Halloween film list was good enough, and I got some requests to write a suggestion list for Thanksgiving. I guess either people are sick of football or the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving cartoon just doesn't hold the same enjoyment it once did. Or most likely the case, you don't want to talk to the relatives. Sure, eating dinner is fine, the most you have to say is "pass the gravy"! But what do you do before and after the dinner? If you answered "help cook" and "help clean" in that order... you are a good person and shouldn't be reading this list. Here's my Top 5 Thanksgiving Day Movies... some traditional, some aren't.
HONORABLE MENTION: "Son-in-Law": Pauly Shore tries... and tries over a Thanksgiving break from college. Who knows, maybe you'll get a turkey high and laugh more than you should.
5. "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street": It has everything you would want in a Thanksgiving movie: singing ... shaving... PIE ... and Johnny Depp!
4. "Planes, Trains & Automobiles." A classic about a guy trying to get home for Thanksgiving. One of those "anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" type of comedies staring Steve Martin and the late, great John Candy. Like I said: a classic!
3. "Thankskilling": A demonic turkey comes back from the dead ... foul-mouthed and blood-thirsty, he is back for revenge! And yes... it had two sequels.
2. "BEAN: The Movie": Everything I know about stuffing a turkey, I learned from Mr. Bean!
1. "Addams Family Values": The perfect Thanksgiving movie dealing with friends, family and the dead! Not to mention it actually retells the story of the first Thanksgiving!
As a bonus... here's the first Thanksgiving, as told in "Addams Family Values"
Did I forget any? I’m sure I did. What’s your favorite?