What’s Happening Around The Yakima Valley!
Moms and dads, how are we holding up? Celebrations because you have scooted the kids off to school OR are you tearing up because your little one just rode the bus for the first time? Either way congratulations we've made it to another school year. You are going to be pretty busy these days as everyone adjusts to their new schedules so I am here to help find the cool activities to get into when you have a free moment or two :)
Monday August 27th, 2018
- No better time then the present to #getitrightgetittight! This is a free support group for those food lovers who are still trying to live a healthy life. Tips, tricks, struggles and laughs. It's a safe place for you to share and receive support from people who are exactly like you! :) Every Sunday night at 5pm PST there is a free support group and loads of recipes, work outs, snack options, even a weekly newsletter. Get it right, get it tight today! :)
Tuesday August 28th, 2018
- It's our very last Central WA Bike Night of the 2018 Season! Hosted at The Old Town Pump in Union Gap and brought to you by Owen's Cycle. If you have not been to one man you better roll on out! Starting at 6pm-8pm check-out some of the valley's finest bikes while getting together with the biker community and 94.5 KATS FM. Enter to win the nights prizes plus the Grand Prize of a K2 Cooler and your choice of either Foo Fighters tickets or tickets to Chinook Fest!
- Open mic night is takes place every Tuesday at Rusillo's Pizza and Gelato from 6pm-9pm. This is an all ages event and you just want to make sure you sign-up early to get a spot! Located at 32 North Front Street Suit 102
- Toddler Story Time at Inklings Book Shop is every Tuesday at 10am. Bring your little once 18 months to 4 years old for stories, songs and a little fun. Located at 5629 Summitview Ave
- Family night at Hoptown Pizza! Every Tuesday night from 4pm-8pm kids get to create their own pizza for only $6! They are growing up so fast, going to school now so treat them to a little creative fun. Located at 2560 Donald Wapato Rd.
- Need a good laugh? Comedy Open Mic Nights is happening at Yakima Sports Center from 7:30pm-9pm, located at 214 East Yakima Ave. Come on out and grab a bite to eat a drink and get some good laughs while watching Yakima's finest comedians work on their chops! Who knows you might see D-Rez up their from KFFM!
Wednesday August 29th, 2018
- Fingers crossed the skys are still blue and the wildfire smoke is gone BUT if it hasn't then join our Blow Yakima's Smoke Back To Spokane! Box fans on roofs, turn those puppy to the highest level and point towards Spokane :) CLICK HERE for details
- Geeks Who Drink sounds like something fun to do on a Wednesday! Every Wednesday night from 7pm-9pm assemble your strongest team and head over to the Yakima Sports Center for a homegrown pub trivia modeled after trivia games in Ireland and the U.K. Want to play but don't have a team? That's ok! Come on down anyway and they will fit you in! Win bragging rights, bar cash and other prizes!
- Selah's Farmers Market takes place on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-7pm for a business after hours session at Kings Row! There's opportunities to support the local community, get some shopping done and network.
- Melissa Henyan appears on Sarah J's afternoon show on 107.3 KFFM from 4pm-5pm PST. She is a psychic medium, animal intuitive so if there are any questions that you need answered it's worth it to tune-in and reach out. You can call in at 509-972-1073, private message us on our facebook page, stream live from KFFM.com and even download our free app at the google play or apple i-tunes store
Thursday August 30th, 2018
- Granger has been enjoying their farmers market every Thursday from now through October from 4pm-7pm. There will be farm and garden produce, music, kids activities, prepared food and more. Located at 121 Sunnyside Ave.
- Through September Virginia Mason Memorial holds a summer farmers market with local vendors and farmers every Thursday from 10am-2pm through September. You'll find organic fruits and veggies from Bella Terra Gardens and more! Stop by their cafe for lunch and enjoy dishes prepared with veggies from Memorial's own garden. This is a free event open to the public and it's located at 2811 Tieton Drive.
Friday August 31st, 2018
- Kids shoot for free at The Range. Every Sunday from 11am-7pm kids ages 7-17 shoot for free with an adult. Educate, Equip, Empower.
- States Day Celebration in Prosser is kicking off today! It's the 93rd annual States Day celebration that will be held Monday September 3rd! Our oldest community offers something for the whole family. The carnival will be in city park, 1230 Bennett Ave, Friday through Monday. The parade will take place at 10am on Monday and is the longest parade in Central Washington featuring floats, mounted entries and more! Afterwards come hang out at city park for games, free entertainment, carnival rides, food and more! CLICK HERE for more details
Saturday September 1st, 2018
- The river is ready are you? Opsrey Rafting season on the tieton kicks off today! Friday-Monday through the month of September schedule your group trip OR even take advantage of Tuesday-Thursday. Opsrey sets you with the gear, give you instructions and even feeds you afterwards! It's an awesome experience for the whole family so whether it's your first time OR your 20th take advantage because it's a memory you for sure want to create!
- Manic Thunder Improv is back at the 4th Street Theatre Saturday September 1st at 7:30pm. Grab a drink from the bar and a bite from Nana's Kate's as these Yakima Native's who have been performing together for over a decade bring you funny quick witted hijinks. Enjoy listening to Timmy from 94.5 Kats FM? Well he is one of the members! :)
- Skateland is celebrating their 70th anniversary AND Kim and Connie's 25th wedding anniversary! It's an open house event from 1pm-5pm, located at 2506 Old Town Road in Union Gap including a champagne toast at 1:30pm! There will be a history table, vendors, food trucks, live music, skating for only .70 from 2pm-4pm and if you don't want to skate you can come on in for free! HUGE thank you to Skateland for being such a consistent memory maker all these years so mark your calendar and lets get to celebrating! :) CLICK HERE for more details
Sunday September 2nd, 2018
- Yakima's Downtown Farmer's Market is every Sunday from now until October 28th from 9am-1pm located at South Third Street between Yakima Ave and Chestnut Ave. It features local farmers fruits and veggies, vendors selling anything from Seahawks gear to Lavender plants. Enjoy live music, food and beverages for purchase and find them on facebook CLICK HERE to stay up to date on the latest going on with the market!
- Sunday nights at the Yakima Sports Center it's an all ages open mic singing begins at 7pm but always a good idea to get there about 6:30pm to sign yourself up. Located at 214 East Yakima Ave.
- Open Mic is happening every Sunday night at North Town Coffeehouse. From 8pm-10pm and it's always a good idea to show up early to sign-up. Located at 32 North Front Street.
- Yakima's Farmers Market at Valley Mall happens every Sunday from 9am-2pm and is located at the southwest parking lot near Sears. Come join them for farm-fresh produce, specialty finds and PLENTY of free parking
- The Granger Chamber of Commerce is hosting their 15th annual Menudo Festival this Sunday from 10am-5pm, located at Hisey Park at the corner of HWY 223 and Main Street. There will be a fun run/walk, a volleyball tournament, dunk tank, kids activities, vendors and menudo sales by the Granger Chamber of Commerce AND the Menudo competition! CLICK HERE for more details
Monday September 3rd, 2018 - Happy Labor Day! Shout-Out to all the hard workers out there! Enjoy today and kiss summer goodbye!
- The Yakima Trolleys will be hosting a Labor Day run at 10am, 12pm and 2pm, located at South Third avenue and Pine Street you can enjoy the 5-mile line to Selah. It's always a good idea to call ahead just in case 509-249-5962. The fair when operating the Selah line is $10 for adults and $6 for children but one of the neatest parts of this experience is the Yakima Trollys are the oldest running line in the United States. So you are totally going to be part of history! CLICK HERE for more details
- Wapato is having an event!Here is a breakdown of the times for the events for Monday September 3rd, 2018 from 11am to 8pm.Registration at 8:00amJudging at 9:00amKiddy Parade 9:30amMain Parade 10amThe following festivities are at the Lions Park in Wapato:Music, live entertainment, dancers, jump houses, food venders, pony rides, Izzy the Camel, human Foosball tournament, volleyball.