5 Ways to Brighten Your Backyard With Country Farm and Garden
Country Farm and Garden is a family-owned company dedicated to excellent customer service. Before you load up your cart, though, they suggest you think about whether you'll be planting in sun or shade and consider the amount of time you want to spend caring for the plants after they are installed. They also have lists of available plants on their website, if you prefer to browse there before heading to the garden center.
Here are some project ideas for both low-maintenance and labor-of-love projects:
1) Create privacy or visual interest with shrubs and trees. Whether you're looking to establish a privacy hedge or freshen landscaping, you can find a variety of evergreens, bushes and trees, and Country Farm and Garden is happy to help you figure out what is best for your space. You'll want to pay careful attention to the planting instructions and water regularly as they are established, but after that, they'll likely need little maintenance.
2) Enjoy more fresh veggies by growing your own. Maybe you want to take a shot at container gardening or dig right into the ground. Either way, it's not too late to plant a vegetable garden. Just be prepared to keep up with the watering, weeding and harvesting. (And watch Country Farm and Garden's website for tips on canning tomatoes, in case you end up with more of those than expected.)
3) Add color with annuals! Grab a hanging pot or, if you prefer to make your own arrangement, a flat of annuals to dress up your flower pots and existing beds.
4) Add hardscaping with rocks and more. Whether it's adding decorative boulders, brick edging or landscaping rock or pebbles, you can change the entire look of your yard with just a few hours of work.
5) Ensure your lawn is lush and healthy. Whether you're looking to lay sod, spread grass seed, remove weeds and start a fertilizing program, Country Farm and Garden has the supplies and expertise to get you started.
Ready to roll up your sleeves and get started? Country Farm and Garden, 6 W. Washington Ave. in Yakima, is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays. Stop on by and tell 'em we sent you!