Have You Tried the Viral TikTok Date Snicker Like Snack Yet?
If you love snacks but working to cut the calories and still gain goodness in your life I have to tell you, Costco for the win when it comes to the one of the latest TikTok trends. Turning dates into snickeresque bites!
Have you heard of this deliciousness? I am a serious snacker and love testing out new recipes so if you don't already know, read on!
Mom and I took a trip to Costco recently and while perusing the aisles I ran into bags of Deglet Noor Dates! The package is white and teal with a picture of dates on the front with the phrase "ooh-la-luscious super snack", very promising.
I have been kicking around the idea of making snacks with dates, there are a ton of different recipes that involve them so I went for it and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are also pitted! Easy, peasy and full of fiber! We're doing it! We're really doing it.
How to Make Date Snickers
- Dates (if they have seeds, make sure to take them out)
- Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate
- Sea Salt
- Place all your dates on a tray that can be placed in the freezer
- Fill each date with peanut butter (I used organic crunchy and it does give it nice added texture) You can't really fill them too full, I would say each one handles less than a tablespoon of peanut butter
- Pop them in the freezer for 30 minutes or more. I left them in overnight, even uncovered there was no freezer burn. Not recommended but I was being lazy
- Pour dark chocolate pieces into a bowl and heat in 45 second intervals, stirring with a spoon until completely melted
- With a fork drop each frozen date filled with peanut butter into the melted chocolate, completely coated and then put them back on the tray
- Repeat the process until they are all covered and pop them back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Place them in a sealed container and get ready for them to disappear!
Snickers VS Date Snickers
Yes, you could just throw a Snickers Bar into the freezer and it's a very satisfying snack but if you are trying to cut calories or searching for more fiber. Date snickers are a great option! One snickers bar is about 280 calories and one date snicker is about 100 calories with the added benefit of dark chocolate and that filling good for your gut fiber added in. They are the perfect snack to pop in your mouth when you are on the go or about to work-out, providing loads of energy and keeping you satisfied.
I give this snack a 10 out of 10. It was super easy to make and loved that I didn't need to pit the dates. I didn't use any sea salt, I just forgot so my next batch I will add it and see if it make much of a difference.
Snicker Like Date Transformation
KEEP READING: 3-ingredient recipes you can make right now
LOOK: Food history from the year you were born
A Bunch of Amazing Celebrities You Know & Love are From Washington
What Are the Signature Drinks From Every State?
Goosebumps and other bodily reactions, explained