Flex Your Wild Hair with a Quick Road Trip Out of Yakima Valley
If you are sitting around thinking to yourself, "What am I gonna do this weekend?" then maybe I can help you out.
I would recommend a quick day trip within an hour's driving distance from the Yakima Valley. If you live in Yakima, perhaps you could whisk yourself off to the Tri-Cities. It is about an hour and twenty minute's drive.
1. Shopping: If you head to the Tri, as I like to call it, there's shopping opportunities at the Columbia Center Mall. Check out the stores and shops here.
2. Venture over to Chuck E. Cheese's if you have small kids. It has re-opened, which is great because I had thought they'd closed down for good!
If you want to head in the opposite direction, then maybe Ellensburg would be your cup of tea. I'm thinking about going to Ellensburg but here are five (5) things I'm thinking about checking out in other quick road trips from the Yakima Valley:
1. Ellensburg Farmers Market: It opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 11 a.m. Find more info about it here.
2. Ancient Lakes Dance Festival: This quaint dance performance will be at Stage B near Quincy, WA. It will be held at the Cave B Estate Winery. Get more info about it here.
3. Mud, Sweat, and Beers: A 5K race will be happening at the Sozo Sports Complex from July 10th thru July 12th. Make your way through an obstacle course smothered in mud! Get more details here.