Timmy’s Top Ten: (Non Scary) HALLOWEEN FILMS
Throughout the course of life, Halloween means different things. When you're young it's about dressing up and pretending you're a starving beggar for a night. The next phase is going out to the bar and trying to pick up all sorts of slutty kitties, nurses, nuns and Ninja Turtles.
Next comes sitting at home and handing out candy to a new generation of beggars. Finally, you reach the point where I am: Black out the windows, shut the curtains, leave the front lights off, pretend you're not home while you hide in your back bedroom watching movies and ignoring the outside world while you enjoy your fun-sized candies.
If you're joining me in this phase of life, here's a list of movies I've found to be pretty awesome to ring in All Hallows Eve.
Keep in mind... there are plenty of scary movies out there, I enjoy, but it's not really my go-to. So for my list, I keep things light hearted, some thrills and chills, but for the most part if that's what you need, in my opinion you can't go wrong with the classics like Freddy, Jason, or Mr. Meyers!
HONORABLE MENTION -- "Howard the Duck": Not really scary, except to George Lucas! See the film that damn near bankrupted the "Star Wars" giant!
10. "Gremlins 2: The New Batch": I would say the first one, but I like the humor better in the second. Not to mention the Babe Gremlin is kinda hot when you're drunk!
9. "Rocky Horror Picture Show": Tim Curry & Meatloaf FTW
8. "Idle Hands": The devil possess the laziest kid in the world's hand. Plus The Offspring make an appearance and Jessica Alba in a bra!
7. "Little Shop of Horrors": Singing and man-eating plants! WIN!
6. "Shaun of the Dead": Zombies and British humor. QUICK, TO THE PUB!
5. "Zombieland": One of the best zombie movies I have ever seen. It has zombies, guns, Twinkies and a big B.M.! What more do you want?
4. "Army of Darkness": Shop Smart ... S-MART!
3. "Murder Party": Mix "Napoleon Dynamite" with "Saw" and there you go.
2. "Ghostbusters": A Classic! If you need to be told what this film is about, then you should swallow a jawbreaker.
1. "BeetleJuice": BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!!! God, I hope they stick with the plans of a sequel!
Did I forget any? I'm sure I did. What's your favorite?