The Most Disgusting Halloween Candy In WA Has Stiff Competition
Ugh, I hate Candy Corn. I hate it so much that when people say they wouldn't wish a certain thing on their worst enemy, I say I would wish them to eat some moldy candy corn.
I tried so hard to love candy corn when I was a kid, after all, they seem to be in abundance in the month of October. It was the one candy my parents allowed me to eat as much as I wanted to, likely because they knew I hated it. How rude! 😁
There is always some company putting out a list of the "worst Halloween candies" and this year, the Candy Store has beaten the others to the punch. They've got quite the list here of the top ten worst, most disgusting candies people try to force on kids. I won't be so cruel as to rush right out to Walgreens and stock up on any of these listed below, but I might be buying a bag of candy corn for a couple of people on my list-that-rhymes-with-the-word-SMIT! That's right, there are a few peeps that are on my permanent SMIT LIST if you know what I mean!
Candy Corn was ranked as the #1 most hated candy in America, but let's take a look at the other super yucky sugar concoctions that made the cut for the worst candy of 2020:
- Good & Plenty: They still MAKE that? Ew.
- Licorice: There's something 'bout that licorice candy that drives most people insane and they can't stand the taste of black licorice. Hint: it's the Anise.
- Mary Janes: Um, what is Mary Janes candy? Are they talking about edibles? Because if you get the "starburst" berry kind, it's not bad at all. So I've been told.
- Tootsie Rolls: I hate to break it to you un-gently, but Tootsie Roll Pops are a big freaking deal in Washington state. I'm originally from Tennessee, so I don't like that Tootsie Roll or Tootsie Pop mess unless we are talking about the 90s song from the 69 Boys.
- Necco Wafers: I despise wafer candies, so, NEXT!Smarties: These are the candies that the elder ladies pass out in church to keep the kids awake. Oh, that didn't happen to you? Just me? Okay then, let's move on. Those thangs are nasty!
- Wax Coke Bottles and Circus Peanuts: Here are two more pieces of crap candy that makes me say, "They still MAKE that? Ew." What seems like a great novelty treat just ends up tasting like you're eating a piece of wax from the 1960s. Blech.
- Peanut Butter Kisses: With so many people in America allergic to peanuts, I am surprised companies are able to sell so much candy with peanut butter in them. Perhaps people are buying these Peanut Butter Kisses in bulk just to pass out to their enemies, and their enemies are KIDS!